This blog is all about ...

My photo
Any idea/thought travelling through my mind, strong enough to make me sit and write all about it... Also food, my cooking, and any new foodie joints that is worth writing about.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Change

Your Mexican Name Is...

Doña Aracely


Pune - Back home. Feels great to be back home... to where I belong! And having all the attention of mom and dad. Exploring the familiar Pune roads on my two-wheeler, with the wind caressing my tresses! Wasn't that a wonderful feeling!!!
This was the place where I have the most beautiful memories. I can't believe that its already time for me to write about my memories about this place! It seems just like yesterday, when my friends and me used to go to school together on bicycles, and then to different colleges, but still managed to meet each other almost everyday, and exchange our daily events....

Now, it’s just me here. All of them are at different places. In the US, in Australia, living their own lives, bringing up their kids. Of course, still in touch. Life changes so drastically, it’s never the same. The best of friends we had, suddenly seem so far off and out of reach. And more so, this fact just merges so easily with our lives. The fact that things have changed, and that it’s no longer the same, that our friends are no longer with us, these things just become a part of our life so easily... guess that’s because our lives also have changed. We have our work, our family and OUR things to think about, we are so immersed in ourselves, that it doesn’t seem to matter anymore, not all that much at least, that our friends are not with us any more...

Like someone very rightly said - Change is the only constant in life

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Appu,

Lucky you!!!...I know how good it would feel to be back home.:)...Enjoy all u want to dearie...baad me chance nahi milega...to be as free as u are now;)...u know what I mean:)...

Have fun...go to all the places we went to...eat all the vada-pav and bhel and SPDP and the Shivsagar ka cheese pasta and enchilada...u'll never get that taste anywhere else.

Lotsa love,
Lalita

Unknown said...

Hey Aps,

Thats a good one.I can exactly feel what u must be experiencing..:)...

Have all the fun u can...u'll never be able to have fun like u do now...u know what i mean rite;)...

Eat all the possible vada pavs and SPDP and the shivsagar goodies;)...

Have fun...

Unknown said...

Cool one...by the way...I envy u so much...

Unknown said...

Wow...cool one... and I envy u like hell...u must be having so much fun...

Dont miss out on the siddhi vinayak vada pavs and the shivsagar goodies...;)...

And have the best time now...these days will never come back...u know what I mean;)...

Have fun,

Lalita

Ramya said...

i am totally envious.. sitting at home and eating amma's food.. wow! you're lucky!:))

Anonymous said...

How is the Gandhi kadai person??? And kulla gundu?!!!!! or was it karuppu gundu??? huh my memory is fading already!